1st shift Process Engineer needed for orthopedic company in Warsaw, IN. This is a salary position and is temp to hire with the company. It is $45,000 per year. Please see below.
- Plans and designs manufacturing processes.
- Maximizes efficiency by analyzing workflow, assembly methods and work force utilization.
- Determines parts and tools needed in order to achieve manufacturing goals according to product specifications. Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Troubleshoot problems with production and take corrective action.
- Understand the functions of CNC Mills, Lathes, Wire EDM and Swiss Lathe, along with Quality Control procedures.
- Maintain all manufacturing process planning documentation consisting of, but not limited to, item masters, bill of materials, routings, and labor standards.
- Provide technical support to purchasing personnel and suppliers by interpreting product drawings and initiating the development of manufacturing drawings and resolving technical production problems.
- Resolve technical production problems in machining, metal finishing and assembly operations working with shop employees and quality personnel.
- Work with external tool design/build experts to develop cost effective solutions that can be implemented into the manufacturing setting and are repeatable and reliable.
- Create conceptual designs for tools, fixtures, and gages.
- Keep and maintain any company owned property and inventory in good working condition.
- Education and/or Experience: Associate Degree plus five years of relevant experience, or ten years of relevant experience. Preferably 3-5 years of experience in the medical device manufacturing industry.