Orthopedic 1st shift Swiss Lathe Operator with Set Up needed for a company who manufactures medical devices located in Warsaw, IN. This is a salary position at $12.00 – $18.00 per hour, DOE. Please read below for more information.
Job Description for Swiss Lathe Operator
- 1st shift-1st shift
- $12.00 -$18.00
- 6 AM-3:30 PM
- Operates computer numerical control mechanical equipment to fabricate parts.
- Loads parts in machine, cycle machine, detects malfunction in the machine operations such as worn or damaged cutting tools.
- Uses blue prints and other measuring devices to ensure the proper dimensions and tolerance levels of the finished product.
- At times, operators may be required to meet certain qualifications in specialized areas.
- Familiar with a variety of the fields’ concepts, practices and procedures.
- Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of complicated tasks.
- Knowledge of raw materials, production processes, quality control and other techniques for maximizing the effective manufacture of product.
- Knowledge of machines and tools, including their designs, uses, repair and maintenance.
Requirements for Swiss Lathe Operator with Set Up
- Prefers diploma or GED but not required.
- Preferably 2 + years of recent experience in the medical device manufacturing industry or something similar operating Swiss Lathe.
- Must have a working knowledge of manufacturing
- QA procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Strong understanding of materials concepts and heat transfer.
- Basic shop mathematics including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division, algebra, geometry and trigonometry.
Benefits After Hired On
- Dental Vision
- Vacation Paid Holidays
Visit Elwood Staffing at 3570 Commerce Drive, sign up at www.elwoodjobs.com or text/call us at 574-269-5599.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and we celebrate diversity at all levels of our organization.